ITS Education Asia – Pathways to Learning
Everything we do at our schools and advisory offices is centered around our
We want our students to find and follow their desired and appropriate academic pathways.
We want our students to be successful – however they may define it.
We achieve this by employing high quality staff, both teaching and administrative, who care about what our students achieve. Read our Mission Statement. Read what our students and parents say.
Some facts about ITS
- Our schools are registered by the Hong Kong Education Bureau [since 2005].
- ITS was the first non-mainstream school in Asia accredited as a full Edexcel Academic Centre (No: 92885), recognized in 2010. This means we can prepare, enter and invigilate candidates in exactly the same way as at a mainstream/traditional school. Despite being non-selective, our results are significantly better than the UK average: http://www.itseducation.asia/results.html.
- ITS is a UCAS centre (No: S45903). UCAS services are offered both to our own students and to others who may be learning at other institutions.
- ITS is an official Cambridge ATS Centre, administering admissions tests for the University of Cambridge (No: HK109).
- ITS is an official BTEC centre (No: 92252).
- ITS works with Tai Poutini Polytechnic from New Zealand to deliver their world-renowned Certificate in Experiential Learning (equivalent to the first year of a bachelor degree).
- Our placement service is listed with the British Council.
- We work with many well-known corporations in a variety of ways.
- ITS students regularly go on to win places at top universities around the world. You can see some destinations here: http://www.itseducation.asia/results.html.
- Co-Founder, Danny Harrington is an Oxford alum ( M.A. Geography at Christ Church, 1988) who has run educational organisations in Hong Kong since 1997. He is also a qualified English teacher and has taught English and Geography for twenty years.
- Danny regularly works with the University of Oxford China office based in Hong Kong and has helped the University with its student preparation for a number of years.
- Co-Founder, Gary Hadler is a qualified teacher registered in both Hong Kong and Australia. He has an economics degree, Diploma in education and a MBA. Gary has over 20 years teaching experience and has many years’ experience running a variety of educational businesses in Hong Kong and Australia.
- ITS teaching staff come from a range of globally recognized universities of excellence such as Oxford, Cambridge, Imperial College, UCL and LSE in the UK and MIT from the US. Click to view - ITS staff profiles.
- In 2011 and 2012, ITS was invited by the Hong Kong EDB to prepare the first cohorts of the new Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education for UK university candidacy.
- Our Fashion Diplomas are now recognized by UK institutions. ITS Fashion students go to places such as LCF and St Martins in London.
- ITS teachers often go on secondment to local schools and institutions.
- ITS is a member of the British Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong and Danny Harrington holds a seat on the Chamber’s Education Committee. He was the Education Committee Vice-Chair for 2013-14 and Chair for 2014-15.
- ITS implemented a virtual classroom and online school platform in August 2013. We are the first in the world to combine live learning and distance learning online for UK national qualifications – the International GCSE, International A-levels and BTEC HND in Business.
Please browse our site to see all the choices we can offer you. You can call us in Hong Kong at +852 2116 3916. Hong Kong learners can email here, remote learners can email here.
By studying with ITS you can enjoy one or more of the following benefits:
- Get extra support for your existing studies from real teachers
- Take extra qualifications to expand your academic portfolio
- Find an alternative to traditional schooling
- Get expert support for your home learning
- Undertake learning over which you have more control
- Find flexible options for amount of time spent achieving qualifications
- Find flexible options for classroom workload in hours per week
- Access learning from anywhere with an internet connection
- Access our physical schools in Hong Kong
- Access pathways to schools and universities around the world
- Access the best academic camps available for summer vacation
Koharu really enjoyed almost 4 years with the greatest teachers in ITS. This was a wonderful experience for her. She'll never forget it. We all thank you for your cooperation.
Harue, Koharu's mum (June 2016)
Dear Ronald Lau,
I’ve just found out that I passed my exams! It turns out that I managed to get a lower second. This is a bit better than I thought I’d get so I’m quite happy that I manage to get a lower second. Thank you so much for your help.
I do believe that my lessons with you helped me a great deal. I’d be happy to have a few lessons with you some time in the future.
From Alex (June 2016)
Dear Ms Poon,
Alessandra is going away to school in the UK so will as discussed not be able to continue with lessons. I want to add that Sabrina has been an excellent teacher and very good for Alessandra. Many thanks indeed to Sabrina for her help and the way she has taught Alessandra, excellent stuff. If possible and timings permit while back for holidays would very much like to continue to have Alessandra spend time with Sabrina.
Marcus (June 2016)
Dear Ruth and Sabrina,
Koharu has passed her assessment of Cheltenham lady's college.
This came from all your dedicated work for Koharu. Thank you so much.
Harue and Koharu (October 2015)
For the attention of Danny Harrington, Toni Baro and Xavier Daniel.
I'd just like to say thanks to you all for your very helpful tutoring! I managed to get 7s in all my HL (incl. bio and geo), 6 in Spanish, and overall 42 for my IB results. I'm most likely heading to Imperial College London for Biochemistry this coming October. I am pretty sure I wouldn't be able to score this without your help and support - thank you so much once again!!! :D
All the best,
Laura Lau (September 2015)
Thank you for teaching me step maths. It was enjoyable learning step from you and I really benefitted a lot. I have significantly Improved my mathematical abilities.
I’m proud of getting an 1 in both STEP 2 and STEP 3, I’m really glad I got them. Without those 1’s I would not have gotten into Cambridge.
My 1 in STEP was quite a low 1, only a little worse and I would of only gotten a 2. This would of resulted in me failing to get into Cambridge, so I’m very grateful for your help.
Now it’ll soon be time for me to go to Cambridge, I wonder how well I’ll do there.
Alexander Cooke (August 2015)
Dear Mr. To,
My daughter has actually already completed her IB programme, scoring a 7 on the Language B: HL French course. Overall, she was able to attain 45/45 on her Diploma.
Gracianne has been integral to my daughter's improvement and development in learning the French language. Having been her teacher from the very beginning, Gracianne supported Jun in her many academic endeavours, instilling in her a love for French, as well as the ability to communicate effectively in French. She is a phenomenal teacher and an attentive, efficient, caring personal tutor, and Jun owes her success in the IBDP to her teaching.
Jun will be attending the University of Cambridge to read Human, Social and Political Science in October.
Jun (August 2015)
Hi Ronald, I'm Andre and I was one of your students in Dec 2013. I had just set my goal to do Maths at Cambridge but the few sessions we had really opened my eyes to what real maths is all about (I clearly remember being impressed at the definition of a limit of a sequence) and I'd just like to thank you for that exposure that turned out to be so valuable. Your teaching was so effective, genuine and niche. I'll be starting the Tripos (*) at Trinity Hall this October!
(*) I remember you asked why I wanted to study the 'Tripos', but I couldn't answer because I had no idea what it was at that time, I had to secretly google it midway through our session hahaha.
Andre (August 2015)
I got a B in geography which turned out to be by best grade. Thank you for all your help, you really helped me through the exams.
I have my place at Oxford Brooks.
Thomas (August 2015)
Thank you very much for the support over the last year with Thomas' tutoring.
I know you were one of the first people he wanted to contact this morning .
Going from an E to a B took lots of great direction and hard work from Thomas. You gave him the confidence and subsequent amazing result to take him to Oxford Brooks
I can not thank you enough.
Jo P (August 2015)
I would like to pass on the good news on Makia's performance in the IGCSE Eng Lang paper - he got a A* (90%). Would like to convey my appreciation for your hard work and focus in getting Makia up the curve.
Aditya (August 2015)
(Thank you card from the University of Oxford China Office)
Moving from Australia to Africa requires a family to compromise many things but, with two sons in Australian gifted & talented programs, education was not an area where we were willing to compromise. Unfortunately within three months of being in Africa we realised that the national private school we had chosen was not going to be adequate.
Our high-school aged boys did not want to go to boarding school, there were no adequate international schools in our city and we had no experience or confidence to home school. At a loss we searched the Internet for any other alternatives and we were quickly rewarded when we found the ITS online school.
Our Australian boys now study the British IGCSE online in Africa through a school in Hong Kong taught by international teachers. We could not be happier. Over the last two years we have watched the ITS online school grow and expand rapidly as other families experience this powerful, new way to educate their children remotely - or even just supplement a traditional schooling model - from anywhere in the world.
ITS has been extremely professional and flexible as we have worked together as a team to ensure that our boys receive the best education available globally. The boys love this learning model and their EDEXCEL results are proof of the models success. Even though we supplement their online education with local school sports, extracurricular activities and volunteer work, the boys continue to accelerate allowing our youngest son to finish his schooling a year early even though they also enjoy around 20 weeks of vacation every year.
We highly recommend ITS on their online education model.
Paul McConnell (July 2015)
On behalf of my wife, Mikayla and myself we would like to thank ITS and especially John Whelpton for the Latin tuition over the past school year.
Wishing you all a relaxing and fun summer break. Mikayla will return to classes in August.
Richard (June 2015)
I have been very impressed and happy in the past with ITS's tutors as my daughter did her A-level Chemistry through your organisation, independently of her school.
I now have a son whom I would like to enrol in French lessons with you.
I have already registered him with your staff today, who were both helpful and knowledgeable.
Thanks and best,
Sooni (June 2015)
Please extend my thanks to all the tutors. A. did well on Economics examination and N. did well on Psychology. He has passsed the Economics, Maths and English.
Mrs. Chan (June 2015)
ITS reception and administrative services are efficient and always helpful!
C.C. (April 2015)
We are very happy with Michael Li's tutoring. My son says he is excellent.
M.S. (April 2015)
I would like to express my sincere thanks to you for your guidance and help to Edmond for his Further Pure Maths study that he got A* for his January 2015 exam.
Mrs. Lo (March 2015)
I wanted to share with you that Kunal got his math result today and has scored 96.5% in maths. Thank you for your help in the sessions he spent with you.
Thanks very much,
Jyotika (March 2015)
(Steven's son got an A* in Maths with us)
Thank you so much! I really am very thankful to Colin and Edmund and all the staff in ITS!
Steven Mak (March 2015)
Dear Mr. Harrington,
I've been given a conditional offer for reading law in University College, Oxford and I would like to thank you for conducting mock Oxford interviews with me prior to the actual ones. They helped me a lot in the interview and you have my deepest thanks for giving me great preparation and advice!
Anson (January 2014)
Thanks so much for your help, Andrew.
By the way, my husband and I want to say “thank you very much” to you again as we can see tremendous improvement in the twins’ English, and they do not struggle to read and write anymore. Honestly, we have spent a great deal for their English improvement since they were kindergarten students but the entire progress for those years was far less than what they have achieved in the past 9 months since they have joined your class. We really appreciate it.
Florence (October 2013)
Zikria result announced yesterday and he got 3 B grades and 3 C grades. He achieved grade C in biology only possible due to your hard work and guidance how to revise properly at home. Although the grade C in biology but for Zikria is big achievement because all the test in Bio he always get grade E.
All of KGV teacher were so happy for Zikria improvement and the principal allow him to get admission in KGV.
I have no words to thank you all of you this achievement only possible due to your guidance, help and support. You all are not only help Zikria to save his academic career, you also help him to save his future and save a family out from critical situation.
Thank you very much for all your guidance and support.
Rabecca (August 2013)
Firstly apologies for the late reply. I just wanted to say a very big thank you for your help in enrolling my son, Michael Schats at such short notice in the right IGCSE exams.
It was a very stressful time (day) and your help was very much appreciated.
Please send my regards to Sue she was extremely helpful.
With kind regards
Robyn Schats (June 2013)
I want to take a moment to thank everyone at ITS for their hard work and constant positive energy, I know Morgan has truly grown through the her tutors’ guidance and instruction. I will certainly highly recommend your services to anyone asking about tutoring programs in Hong Kong.
Kate (May 2013)
I would like to thank ITS and Ronan's tutors over the years for all the help, guidance and support they have given him (particularly Dennis who is currently tutoring Ronan) - it has been very much appreciated.
Thanks and regards,
Dermot (March 2013)
DANNY!!!!!! I GOT AN OFFER FROM OXFORD!!!!!
39 POINTS FOR BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AT SOMERVILLE COLLEGE
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT
I'M SORRY FOR TYPING IN CAPITALS BUT I'M REALLY SO HAPPY I COULD CRY
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! (January 2013)
Thank you very much for remembering Anakin.
He scored total 33 at IB. Psychology he either got 4 or 5.
With ITS' support, he turned out to be much better than 28 estimated score.
We are now speaking to Adrian, who will be in IB in one year time. Definitely we will leave him in your hands.
All the best w/ you & ITS team.
Cissy & YK (September 2012)
Thanks very much for your team coming to share with the top students and their Career Advisors on applying to the Oxbridge and medicine in the UK universities. It was quite a successful one for around 50 participants attending the briefing and most of them gained expertise's advice on their application and preparation. As requested, they want to have your presentation materials. For further enquiries, I guess they may contact you directly as all of them have your packet.
With heartfelt thanks, we are looking forward to working with you again soon.
HKACMGM (July 2012)
Thanks so much for helping me with my dissertation. I have just handed it in today. Hope that it will be good! :)
Jenny :) (January 2012)