Tutoring is very rewarding to me, as I get to see the other person develop while developing myself. Tutoring forces me to think through the foundation of the subject and consequently expands my knowledge, meanwhile advancing my communication skills and ability to interact with different people. I love learning and love to share my curiosity with other students; it is also very satisfying to see the "lightbulb moment" when the student finally understands a challenging concept, or when they realize their most disliked subject isn't as bad as it initially seems. Furthermore, I love building personal relationships with students and slowly seeing them open up to me, creating lasting connections.
- I have many extracurriculars and commitments at school, so I can maximize the quality of my revision in the shortest amount of time. I can share revision and exam techniques with my tutees.
- I love helping others and I am very patient and flexible, always happy to answer detailed answers and offer different explanations and teaching styles to ensure they understand the concept.
- I am highly motivated and set high standards for myself, hence I will try to extract my tutees' full potential without too much pressure
- I am very respectful and understand that everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, and will instill confidence in tutees to always ask questions and make mistakes and learn from them
While achieving high grades and receiving offers from their dream universities is equally essential, the most important aspect a teacher can share is to find enjoyment in the process of learning. Without having joy in learning, revising for exams would naturally become a tedious and challenging task to overcome; on the contrary, if the student genuinely has developed an inquisitive mindset, it would be less demanding to do well in the exams, and would even be beneficial for the rest of their life.
King's College, New Zealand
Currently on gap year, so far received offers from Imperial College London, UCL, USyd etc. for civil engineering
Hi! My name is Ingrid Fung, I am 18 and currently on a gap year as I graduated high school in New Zealand, in Dec 2020, where I studied for 2 years. I grew up in Hong Kong, hence I am fluent in Cantonese, English, and Mandarin. I am a very optimistic and cheerful person, and always gain a sense of achievement from seeing how I can help others. I actively volunteer to tutor at school and in the local community in my free time, at least 2 times a week, tackling problems with students of different ages. I was awarded several service awards by my school and the community for my efforts in community service. I am really looking forward to becoming a tutor at Ezytutor!
- I tutored primary students and secondary students for around 3 years, both part-time and voluntarily, up to IGCSE level and AS level, in subjects including English, Maths, Physics, Chemistry, etc. My tutoring experience is mostly in person but I'm familiar with tutoring online too
- I prepare lessons beforehand with past paper questions, understand which topics they're struggling with, and sometimes self-study topics in their new syllabus.
Preschool, Kindergarten, Primary, Junior Secondary, DSE, IELTS
英文, 廣東話, 普通話
網上補習, 上門補習, 圖書館上課, 公衆場合